For many people, when music lessons are mentioned, piano immediately comes to mind. Why is learning to play the piano such a popular choice?
- Because piano lessons can be started at a younger age than most other instruments
- Because piano lessons are often considered to be the foundation of any musical training, teaching music reading and theory from the start
- Because piano can accompany almost any other instrument or voice(s), making it a wonderful collaborative instrument
- Because there is a wealth of exciting piano music suitable for all ages and musical styles
- Because piano music can add life and fun to any social occasion
At CHSMA our teachers are comfortable with a variety of classical, popular, jazz and contemporary musical genres. New piano methods books now incorporate much more variety of style and mood than was true years ago.
You don’t need to have a “real” piano at home to take lessons. For basic piano instruction, many people begin with a digital piano or electronic keyboard. These are much less expensive generally than an acoustic piano and allow you try things out to see if this is a good instrument fit for you or your child. If possible, try to find one that has at least 66 keys however.
Meet our Piano Teachers!